We met the HexArmor crew at FDIC and they asked if we would review the new 4011 glove. We’ve put several different gloves through the extrication paces. Check out all of our reviews HERE.
Overall, these gloves provide great dexterity and impact protection at a firefighter friendly price.
Description of the 4011 Gloves from the HexArmor website:
Above all else, an extrication glove must be tough. Built to last through countless difficult missions, the EXT Rescue™ 4011 is the strongest, most dependable rescue safety glove available. We armed this glove with our improved IR-X™ Impact Exoskeleton™ and an ISEA Level 5 cut-resistant palm, reinforced with our proprietary TP-X™ technology for added durability and grip. We also double-stitched all exterior and interior seams and added a 2.5” Airprene™ Velcro® cuff, so this glove fits as well as it lasts. The EXT Rescue™ 4011 is the HexArmor® commitment to the rugged vigilance of our first responders. HexArmor® knows that you will never give up, and neither should your glove.
- Great dexterity.
- Good grip.
- The “Impact Exoskeleton” provides excellent protection.
- These gloves were beat up pretty good during a week-long heavy rescue class and several tool demos. No holes or cuts resulted. Some notable wear on the palm side. Overall durability solid.
- Not good protection when using torches.
- I removed a sawzal blade from the saw after use and could feel the heat on my hand quickly.
- Hands will be cold during winter months in northern Ohio.
- Sizing was different. I tried several sizes on and settled on a Large. Normally, I wear XL.
Pass it on!